First of Qantas' upgraded A380 aircraft takes to the skies
The first of Qantas' upgraded A380s welcomed its first passengers today, delivering a new level of comfort for customers travelling on the national carrier’s largest aircraft.
The multimillion-dollar upgrade of 12 aircraft includes new seating across expanded Business and Premium Economy cabins and a refresh of the aircraft’s First and Economy seating. The onboard lounge has also been redesigned.
Smarter use of space has created an all premium class upper deck (now occupied by Business and Premium Economy) and an expanded onboard lounge. There are now 30 fewer Economy seats and an increase in premium seating by 27 per cent.
Key elements of the upgrade include:
- The introduction of the Qantas Business Suite, replacing the previous Skybeds, in a 1:2:1 configuration that now gives aisle access to every passenger.
- The installation of the new Premium Economy seat (first debuted on the Qantas Dreamliner) and increasing the number of seats from 35 to 60.
- A larger onboard lounge space with seating for up to 10 Business and First passengers.
- An update to the 14 First Suites with new contoured cushioning, seat finishes and a larger, higher resolution entertainment screen.
- A new colour palette for the Economy cabin and improved inflight entertainment.
For more information, click here.