Introducing the Etihad Greenliner
Etihad Airways and Boeing have announced an eco-partnership, in which a specially designed Boeing 787 Dreamliner will be used to test products, procedures and initiatives designed to reduce aircraft carbon emissions.
Features of the new aircraft are as follows:
- The Boeing 787 Dreamliner is 20-25% more efficient than similar-sized aircraft.
- First test of the Nautical Air Mileage Evaluation to assess fuel flow on a 787 using biofuel.
- 30% Sustainable Aviation Fuel.
- Continuous descent to Abu Dhabi reduces fuel burn and emissions.
- Use of Boeing's FliteDeck Advisor for real-time flight efficiency insights.
For more information on Etihad's new 'Greenliner', please click here.
For more information on Etihad, please click here.