NEWS from JAL
Introduction of "JAL Covid-19 Cover"
Dear Japan Airlines' Partner Agency,
Thank you for your continued support. Please be assured that JAL continues to fully support our business partners and customers around the world.
We have pleasure in announcing that we will provide passengers traveling on JAL international flights with "JAL Covid-19 Cover". JAL has teamed up with Allianz Travel to provide complimentary cover for medical, testing and quarantine costs in the event that our customers test positive for COVID-19 during their travels. In addition, we have set up a 24-hour assistance line that customers can call from anywhere in the world if they suspect they have been infected with the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Cover applies for a limited time from 23rd December 2020. Please see below for further details.
- Applicable period : Flights departing on / after 23rd December 2020 and on / before 30th June 2021.
- Applicable flights: JAL international flights (operated by JAL with JL flight numbers). Codeshare flights operated by other airlines are not applicable.
- Service Detail:
3.1 Compensation for expenses incurred for COVID-19 testing, medical expenses and quarantine costs if a passenger tests positive for COVID-19 during travel as follows:
- Medical expenses: up to EUR150,000 per applicable travel period (covers hospital expenses incurred during treatment.)
- Quarantine accommodation costs: Up to EUR100 per person per day for up to 14 days.
- Medical evacuation: Up to EUR1,500 per person (covers medical evacuation to the passenger’s country of residence if deemed necessary by a medical practitioner.)
- Repatriation of body: Up to EUR1,500 per person.
3.2 Telephone support service available 24 hours a day anywhere in the world from 23rd December 2020.
- Registration fee: Free of charge
This service is provided automatically when purchasing a JAL ticket and no separate registration is required. However, to receive compensation for any applicable costs the passenger must contact "JAL Covid-19 Cover Assistance" in advance.
- Condition of cover: Once a positive test result has been confirmed. If a test result is positive, related medical expenses incurred before that time are also covered.
- Period of cover: Valid for 31 days from the date of boarding an eligible JAL international flight. There is no restriction on the date of purchase of the ticket.
- Cover is based on the date of departure of the first JAL-operated international flight with a JL flight number, which must be within the applicable period of cover.
- However, cover is not available in the passenger’s country of residence, and ends once the passenger returns to their country of residence.
- Important points to bear in mind:
- The passenger needs to contact the "JAL Covid-19 Cover Assistance" line in advance of making any payment for cover to apply.
- If passenger pays for expenses themselves, they cannot request reimbursement later.
- If the passenger experiences any COVID-19 related symptoms they should immediately contact the "JAL Covid-19 Cover Assistance" line.
- Further details and enquiries:
From 23rd December "JAL Covid-19 Cover Assistance" line will be available 24 hours a day as follows:
- Japan: 0120-429-256
- UK: 0808-234-2795
- Germany: 0800-183-3287
- Other: 0081-3-4321-8262
In the meantime, for further information about this service, please check the following websites:
Agents in UK / IE / IT / TR