WestJet to offer guests no-charge COVID-19 travel insurance
WestJet to offer guests no-charge COVID-19 travel insurance for air and vacation reservations
Today, WestJet is announcing no-charge COVID-19 travel insurance coverage for eligible guests booking travel to Mexico, the Caribbean and European destinations including the United Kingdom.
For reservations made on or after September 18, 2020, any WestJet air-only reservation including WestJet Vacations bookings for travel to and from Mexico, the Caribbean (excluding territories of the U.S.), Europe (including U.K.) and inbound to Canada will provide eligible guests no-charge COVID-19 travel insurance through new partner TuGo®. Coverage will be automatically applied at no additional charge to eligible guests at the time of purchase for travel until August 31, 2021 for up to 21 days. One-way travel reservations will also be eligible for coverage for up to seven days.
TuGo® Travel Insurance COVID-19 coverage for WestJet guests includes*:
• Emergency medical and hospital costs for outbound travellers if diagnosed with COVID-19 while outside of Canada (excluding U.S) for up to a maximum limit of $100,000 CAD per insured person.
• Emergency medical and hospital costs for inbound travellers visiting Canada diagnosed with COVID-19 while in Canada up to the maximum limit of $100,000 CAD per insured person.
• Quarantine accommodation costs when the traveller tests positive for COVID-19 on the trip up to $150 CAD per insured person, per day to a maximum of 14 days for inbound and outbound reservations.
• Ambulance transportation and air evacuation costs related to COVID-19, up to the maximum limit of $100,000 CAD per insured person for inbound and outbound guests.
• COVID-19 repatriation costs in case of death of up to $5,000 CAD per insured person for inbound and outbound guests.
• One-way economy airfare for the return of one travelling companion and dependent children when air evacuated back home for treatment.
COVID-19 related insurance coverage will apply to any eligible itinerary that includes at least one flight operated by WestJet. You will qualify for coverage regardless of whether your first flight was operated by WestJet or by one of WestJet’s code share partners so long as your booking was ticketed by WestJet and includes a flight operated by WestJet.
If you purchased your ticket on a WestJet-operated flight from another airline, even if that airline is a code-share partner airline of WestJet, you will not be eligible for coverage. For full coverage details, please visit here.
Westjet appreciates your partnership and support during these times. Please take a minute to complete this short survey to support Westjet in shaping a bright future together.
Please click here